So.. My webapp is targeted for Human Resources departament.
The app has a screen that list Positions.
Now I'll have two new requisites in the application which are:
- The user might be able to choose a Position and create one Profile for that Position.
- The user might be able to view which Positions has Profiles built, which has not.
Then my questions raises. Which approach is better?
Inside my Positions grid
- Create a new column in grid with an icon named 'Build profile'
- So the user is redirected to a new screen where it can 'Build the profile' for that Position.
- Create a new column in grid named 'Has Profile?'. Showing Yes or No.
Without modify Positions grid.
- Create a new module named 'Profiles'
- Show a grid of Profiles created with a column named Position.
- Let the user able to create a new Profile
- When the user will create a new Profile, show a Dropdown with Positions.
I tend to prefer the second option, but scares me if the user has 90 positions and 34 profiles. How the user will know which is pending, and which is not... I don't know...
What do you think about that?