TL;DR : how would you design better buttons than my 5 buttons for "I disagree" / Neutral / "I agree" feedback ?
I am doing an iPad application used by participants of an event during a presentation, for example a corporate seminar when CEO ask an audience of 300 managers some questions, to get qualitative audience feedback.
We already made:
- tweet-style Q&A where participants send messages and moderator select best quetsion
- digg-style Q&A where participants send messages, vote up/down quetsions and most popular ones are shown on big screen
Now we want to add a better ranking system that add more info, a 5 level scale
- I disagree
- I disagree somewhat
- I agree somewhat
- I agree
... This way we will be able to determine
- "positive" answers, where most people agree
- "negative" answers where most people disagree
- "controversial" answers, where a certain amount agree and an other amount disagree
this would add more qualitative feedback for presentator, to get instant feedback during presentation, and later when exporting a detailed report.
My problem is how to translate this from a participant's user perspective ? I am not happy with our buttons right now (mockup below)
Knowing that it is not tech-saavy users and we are on a somewhat new device, how would you design this interaction ?
- the star rating system doesnt work as we are on a negative/neutral/positive scale
- having a cursor doesn't work well on iPad
(whole wireframe export is here http://cl.ly/46292f191Z11 )