I'm working on an application for storing complex Urology stone data and want to design and implement an interface that is natural and easy to use.
This is the data that needs to be collected for a kidney, uterus and bladder:
Location: right or left (only for kidney)
Region: mid pole, upper pole, lower pole (only for kidney, for uterus the regions are the same but without the word 'pole')
Description: lateral, medial, inferior, superior
All of the above data items apply to a single stone( there is more data but for brevity I have left it out)
The best interface I could come with is:
- display, location, region, and description in a row as drop down menus
- Have a single button called "add stone"
- Each time add stone is selected a new row gets added
- Against each row have a delete icon
- If uterus is selected as the location for a row dynamically change the region options to mid, upper and lower for that row
- If bladder selected as the location grey out region as it is not applicable for that row
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.