This may be an impossible question to answer but I'll put it out there anyway.
Basically whats an elegant way to handle dynamic text in a fixed width area.
See the example below... how would you display the entire text without going over the white box boundaries. Also consider that this is an element on a page with lots of the same elements, so having a variable height isn't an option as it would push out the layout of the rest of the page.
So far I've considered:
- Limit the character count and just cut it off with ....
- Cut off the text but use a title tag that will display the full text on mouseover
- Dropdown onto a 2nd line and force a break on that row so items on the row below will line up
- Place the text within the image on a sliding div thats visible on mouseover
- Scrolling text (yes I even went there...)
- Scroll bar... for 1 line? urgh...
I'd be fascinated with any thoughts people out there have on this.