I have a site that requires email validation as well as sms (cellphone number) validation. At the moment my registrations Vs non registrations are 10 to 1 (towards non registrations). This is almost certainly down to the registration process as an online survey proves this. The current procedure is ...
- User registers their email
- User gets code in email to confirm email
- user then can login into website
- Once logged in they can enter a cellphone number and get a code sent to them
- code gets sent to users cellphone and they input it.
- code gets verified
The tech savvy don't seem to have a problem with this, the non-tech savvy seem to get as far as email verification and don't go any further. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to handle SMS and email validation, particularly on mobile?