I am developing an iPhone application that uses data that is only relevant to NYC and the surrounding area.
When the user loads the map initially should it:
- Zoom to a preset area (specifically, NYC).
- Zoom to the user's location.
- Zoom to fit both.
Problems I see with each implementation:
- User might not recognize NYC and be wondering where he/she is located.
- User might miss all of the locations (and therefore the purpose of the app).
- If user is very far from NYC it might look like one pin and the user's location (not ideal).
Any suggestions on the best way to implement this would be appreciated.