User Experience Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for user experience researchers and experts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
The notification tray at the top of Stack Exchange sites: what is it called? And are there other good examples of this?

I have started seeing a lot of browsers/apps start using this "notification bar" appear from the top to inform the user of certain events: notification bar

I think Chrome even has an API that extensions can use to trigger it. Does anyone know what, if any, this is called?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by ChrisF, Patrick McElhaney Sep 26 '10 at 21:15

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Doh, never mind: This thread answers it: It is indeed called a notification bar:

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.