I need to build a form of about 15 to 20 fields for the purpose of logging a flight. I will be collecting the following data:
- Registration of aircraft flown
- Designation of the user (pilot in command, co-pilot, etc...)
- Name of the pilot in command if it is not the user
- Date, time and airport of both departure and arrival
- Flight time, number of take-offs and landings both day and night.
- Optional remarks regarding the flight.
- My users will complete this task two-to-three times on average per week. I am not sure if a wizard would be a good idea because this task is performed on a regular basis.
- I can use good defaults for nearly the entire form. I do want the user to review them before submitting the form though so a tabbed form seems undesirable.
- I can estimate some form values based on earlier input. For instance, I can calculate the flight time based on the departure time and the arrival time. Wizards accommodate this but then again, I do not absolutely need to precalculate the value.
I would love to hear what would best suit this task.