My scenario goes like this:
- User comes online to find a lawyer to assign for a certain project
- System displays all lawyers with their contacts
- User researches as he wishes, and contacts lawyers offline to arrange a deal
- User does that offline, and it could take a while for them to reach an agreement
- now somehow, the user or the lawyer must let the system know they had struck a deal, so that lawyer can continue to use the system to prepare legal papers and submit and other things...
so the factors that are affecting the design are:
- Time lag between user selecting a lawyer offline and assignment online
- Incentive for both exists but its higher for lawyers
Im facing a bit of rough times, how do design the experience? do I ask the user to initiate connection and thus asking him to go back online and search for lawyer again? Do I let lawyer initiate the connection? or what do i do? how do I save the trail so that it doesnt fade out in time?