In this example, Facebook Connect (technically Facebook Login) has an open bug that prevents IE8 users from connecting. It send error messages, and it isn't clear to users that the error is with Facebook. It's a pretty consistent bug, so our IE8 users will never be able to connect until Facebook fixes the bug.
- Issue a warning or alert after they click the button, but before Facebook gives an error?
- Put a warning around the FB Login button saying it won't work?
- Remove the FB Login option altogether until the bug is fixed?
- Remove the FB Login button and let people know it's because of a bug on FB's side?
- User your even better idea? What is it?