Do you thing the user workflow is too "busy" on the screenshot below?
The idea is to bring a user through all the the tabs. The workflow would be:
- Use the main tabs (vertical or horizontal..not sure yet) for main sections
- Use breadcrumb-style navigation for completing the different screens inside each of the main tabs (next/back buttons to go to the prev/next breadcrumbd)
- for one particular sub-tab there is lot of content. Using an accordion component would help (next will take the user to the next accordion slide)
So the reading of the layout looks a bit complex here, isn't it?
[Edit] Thanks to your advice I've came to use one of those view below.
- vertical tabs: left image
- horizontal breadcrumbs: right image.
I think it is less confusing. The read "flow" is from left to right. Although I'm still struggling (wondering) if the 1,2,3 (on the second panel) is clear enough.