Some time ago I found a very interested technology: Topic Maps. It solves to find information and to share knowledge. One of examples of this technology is presented on this site. See "tags", "related tags", "tag synonyms" and so on. So my questions are:
- Does somebody use it to increase usability and to increase accuracy of the search results on a web site?
- What common problems, difficulties, features will I meet when I start of using it?
Points of usage:
- lack of integration with other site's subsystems (poor design)
- weak visual presentation
- collection of information (auto suggestion, additional searching tags, synonyms, primary tags or terms)
- categorization and association of information (synonyms, associations)
- initial management, because of lack information (lack of dictionary and associations)